- Posted by Pierre Dupuis-Blankevoort
- On March 26, 2019
- case, casestudy, control, customer, customer service, ecommere, maxxium, Online, PIM, Product Information Management, products, Syndy
March 2019 | Amsterdam
”Syndy helped us to work smarter and by creating the transparency we needed to take control of our products online.” – Sven Korevaar (Manager Digital Maxxium Nederland B.V.)
We present you a short interview with Sven Korevaar about Maxxium’s internal Product Information Management and Distribution challenges and how Syndy helped solve them.
Maxxium Nederland is the market leader in spirits in the Netherlands. For a unique portfolio with many market leading, emerging and beautiful iconic brands, Maxxium is the proud official importer and takes care of marketing and sales with a lot of passion.
Describe the situation before working with Syndy?
Before Syndy, our product content wasn’t stored centrally; it was a bit all over the place. Relevant eCommerce content (eContent) for our products was stored across multiple sources within the company, which made proper content versioning control, or management of content access, nearly impossible. We lacked a clear product information management process. More so, product representation across 3rd parties channels, like retailer websites, was out of our control, and was hard to track. Besides, much time was wasted by endless templating: with every new product launch or retailer content request, content in all the various retailers’ templates needed updating. I was the one person responsible of the process, and knew how to update content. As a team, we wanted to be empowered again.
I was on the lookout for a better blend of tools and processes to improve Maxxium’s way of working with product content, and to set the business up for eCommerce success. In October 2018, Maxxium and Syndy joined forces. With Syndy’s platform, the organization and simplification of product information and digital asset management was easily done, which today makes the management and distribution of content easy. We have taken product information management and distribution to the next level as a result of:
- Centralising eContent management thereby improving internal transparency.
- Outsourcing part of content management responsibilities to Syndy. Syndy helped collect all necessary content and import content accordingly.
- Improving content accessibility for all team members. Anyone in the team can now manage, measure and export data very easily. As a team, we are now empowered to manage our own product content.
- Implementing clearer work flows, which clarified internal roles & responsibilities surrounding content management and took away the pain of product content management sitting with only one person.
- Driving time-to-market efficiencies of content availability for retailers. Syndy helped speed up content distribution to our retailers, because with Syndy platform our content is automatically exported in line with retailers’ requirements (templates).
- Partnering with XXtract helped us to comply with local Dutch GS1 content creation and validation requirement (DatakwaliTijd 2.0). A strategic partnership between Syndy and XXtract ensures real-time syncing of product content between both platforms.
Describe the future working relationship between Maxxium and Syndy?
We have now optimized the way we collect, manage, and update our product content. However, we realise that our relationship with Syndy is an ongoing process. With Syndy and XXtract, we will keep optimizing how we manage our product content. In the near future, we will make use of Syndy’s API connection, so that whenever we change product content, this will also be automatically implemented on the retailer’s side. Syndy facilitated the product content collection process from the beginning to the end, so that now our entire retailer network is connected to us.
CLICK HERE FOR CASE IN PDF: http://cdn.syndy.com/syndy-web/2019/03/Maxxium-Case.pdf